Do I have to share my personal information in order to use Linus?
Yes, we perform identity verification on every user that would like to deposit. We do this to prevent Linus from being used for money laundering or other criminal activities.
What personal information about me is collected?
Our identity verification process consists of collecting the following information:
- Legal Name
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Image of a government-issued ID
When do I have to verify my identity?
After creating your account, but prior to depositing. Sign up and explore the app with no personal information required!
How do I verify my identity?
- Create an account.
- Click Transfer. On mobile, this is a purple '+' sign.
- Enter your personal information and complete Passbase authentication.
You'll receive an email status update within 24 hours, usually less. Once you are successfully verified, you can deposit! If there's an issue with your identity verification, a Linus team member will reach out to you.
Identity Verification with Linus.
How do I check the status of my identity verification?
After successfully submitting your information for verification, click the Transfer button to view your status.
If your status is still pending or declined, you will see your status displayed. If you have successfully been verified, you will be taken directly into the deposit flow.
- Make sure your camera is enabled.
- Try switching browsers. Privacy browsers like Brave have been known to cause problems. Chrome and Safari are recommended.
- Still having issues? Contact us using chat and we'll get you sorted.